Well not much news to share just yet, hopefully we'll know more in the coming weeks but looks for now that we are moving ahead and gearing up for a Jan/Feb cycle. IPs had an appt with the RE Friday. The RE basically said the odds were the same as last time - IM responded ok to the meds and things were great with me - so it would be the same and we would try again. Right now the schedule will be for me to start BCP with the beginning of my next AF and then Lupron mid Jan, that is when IM would start her BCP and we'd both begin monoitoring and would be on track for a mid February transfer. I'll know more about dates when we get our cycling calendar from the clinic.
IPs are very fortunate b/c they have insurance that will support 4 retrievals/transfers total (and 2 additional if one of the cycles resulted in a live birth). They feel good right now about taking another round with IMs eggs so that is the next step. The RE did mention (as we had assumed he would) that they might consider donor eggs due to IMs advance maternal age and that stats had been close to 90% with donor eggs. They are not there yet in that decision, but it is something to consider. I won't be a TS (traditional surrogate) as DH has very strong reservations against it but I'm willing to continue moving forward with a donor if that what they decide.
After the failed cycle I was planning not to get to overly excited. The disappointment last time was not fun but I can't help myself, I'm so looking forward to giving this another shot and hopefully this will be it for us. I'm keeping fingers crossed that we have a smooth cycle without any speed bumps that results in a BFP!
2 months ago