After a lot of thought we've decided to hold off on a December transfer and shoot for January instead. We of course hate putting off another try but, on top of it being the holiday season - my birthday, anniversary and our annual family vacation all fall within the last three weeks of the year. The thought of all that going on at the same time as an emotionally charged cycle/transfer had me feeling a little overwhelmed. K was so understanding when I told her my concerns and she was supportive of pushing things back so I can be in a good place come transfer and the TWW.
We initially hesitated because this timeline will require the retrieval to take place in early December and any resulting embryos will be frozen until the chosen transfer date. If you recall, we didn't have a good experience going this route for our first transfer. However, the clinic assured IM that we are dealing with a new protocol and a different set of variables this time around, and statistically there is no difference in success rates between fresh and frozen. We are praying this next cycle/retrieval results in some beautiful eggs that will make perfectly healthy "snow babies" for our wintertime transfer.
Since we are doing an FET we were able to look ahead at the RE's January transfer window and are making arrangements for the 20th. It's still 3 months away but with the holidays approaching and my protocol and monitoring appointments starting in the midst of it all - it will no doubt be here before we know it.
1 month ago