Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Searching ... Finding ...

Over the last week my profile has been viewed by a few different couples. Exciting! I've gotten great feedback from each one which was wonderful but, a lot goes into a match so sometimes although every thing seems great one small detail can mean not being a perfect fit. For me the one thing that's setting me back is that I don't want to transfer till spring, after my surrobabes 1st birthday. Realistically May isn't all that far away but, to a couple anxiously ready to get the process started, waiting even an extra month to transfer after getting all the preliminary details out of the way can feel like a lifetime.

So, this Thursday I got a call from my agency to say that one couple in particular is very interested in meeting me and willing to wait on my time line. They [FSC] thought we'd make a very good match so late the other night I was forwarded their profile and some pictures. After looking it over Jason and I had a great feeling about moving ahead and setting up a face to face.

My only hesitation was wondering if I should, for lack of a better phrase, "shop around". Not because I'm unsure about them, only because this is the first profile I've viewed since I started working with the agency again. However, I reminded myself this is one of the reason I'm working with an agency. They look over a number of IP and GS applications alike and then present each party with only the potentially good matches dismissing the ones that aren't a good fit. There really is no need to view multiple profiles if all the criteria are there. Getting an initial good vibe after looking over a profile is just icing on the cake. With that in mind I have no problem jumping in with both feet and making the next move. Besides, A&T were the first ever IP profile I saw and look how amazing that turned out.

I'm looking forward to meeting K&S, a Chicago couple in their mid/late 30's who have gone through so much in the past two years trying to achieve their dream of a family. It is stories like theirs that inspired me to be a surrogate and I'm honored that they are considering me to help them create their family.

2 comments:

Egg Donation Agency said...

Hi Tiffany,

what you're doing is so great - I wish you the best of luck in finding the perfect match soon. I am sure things will work out just fine.

Krystal said...

Good Luck Tiffany! I hope they are the perfect fit!