About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Repeat Beta #

Well numbers are still rising and very's beta at 12dp5dt was 2500 which is quite high, hcg doubling every 27.4 hours.

We are working on scheduling an u/s that works for A&T....Dr. said we could shoot for Thursday (9/3) so a week from today. Excited but nervous.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beta News

Well today was our 10dp5dt beta...just for reference 17 is low, 132 is average and 439 is high for this point in a pregnancy (possibly indicating multiples). Our beta results ... 738 !!!! Oh my!!!

Repeat beta will be Thursday with an u/s to follow in approx. 2 weeks.

Monday, August 24, 2009


I had the absolute pleasure of sharing a beautiful BFP with my IPs !!!! I am still just in awe and feel so very honored to be a part of this journey with them.

So the details are, woke up very very early Thursday morning and although only technically 4.5dp5dt decided to test. Now mind you I'd tested the day before and got a negative so I was really nervous about testing again but couldn't resist. You can only imagine my delight when that second line came up (test pictured at top) ... it was light but definitely there in all its glory. That same afternoon I took a digi and was over the moon to see "Pregnant". The second test pictured here was taken Sunday evening ... the line is obviously much more prominent now and a true Big Fat Positive.

I finally shared the news with my IPs just tonight who were MIA over the weekend, the nerve of them to take a quick trip to NY! They are very excited although I could sense IM was still trying to be cautious. She and IF both wanted reassurance that my BFPs were real...I promised them they were very real. LOL I got the sense they hadn't really processed the news just yet. It will hit them soon enough.

Our first beta is tomorrow ... I'll update when the numbers are in.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sticky Thoughts!!!

We couldn't have asked for a better transfer, everything went great. There are two grade 3AA embies hopefully snuggling in right now. There are different ways to rate embryos but in this is how our clinic breaks it down.

Blastocyst development and stage status: 3 = Full blastocyst, cavity completely filling the embryo
Inner cell mass quality: A = Many cells, tightly packed
Trophectoderm quality: A = Many cells, forming a cohesive layer

The RE said they were "EXCELLENT" and that he wishes all his patients embryos looked this good. With the IVF process conception has of course already taken place so the question is will an embryo implant into the lining of the uterus and continue to develop? The RE said based on the quality of these embryos, statistically there is a 70% chance a pregnancy will occur, 30% chance it may be twins.

Jason and I had a great visit with A&T today as well. So very nice to catch up and spend the afternoon with them.

Beta is scheduled for Tuesday 8/25. Send those sticky thoughts our way!!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fertilization Report

I heard good news from IM yesterday. The response this time was good and there are a number of occytes to work with and several have fertilized. Now the embryologist(s) will pick the best two for transfer. Keeping fingers crossed that we have at least a couple grade A beauties to choose from on Saturday.

As of Monday I started Prometrium 3x per day and today add in the Medrol daily and Doxycycline 2x a day while continuing Estrace 3x a day, 81mg of baby aspirin and prenatals. Thankfully no PIO unless progesterone levels are low or there is bleeding after transfer.

3 more days!

Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Eggie Day

Well today is the retrieval! The clinic called Saturday to say they are super pleased with the response this cycle and everything is coming along beautifully. Aspiration will be this morning and then on to bath'n those beauties in some swimmers. LOL

I will get further instructions on my meds this afternoon/evening and then hopefully they'll keep me in the loop with a fertilization report tomorrow too.

I think it is interesting that had our very first cycle worked the due date would be today, August 10th. Now instead of this part of our journey just ending it is just is baby mak'n day!

Keep your prayers coming ladies. I'm really optimistic that this is our cycle and want more than anything to share some awesome news with my IPs in 10 days. Our TWW begins.....transfer Saturday....POAS 5 days later!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Coasting Now

Hey everyone, just a quick update on our cycle.

Had a monitoring appt this morning so into Chicago I went. Everything is right on track. My lining is looking good at 8.8mm (RE recc. minimum 8mm for transfer) so it will be super fluffy by transfer time which is lil more than a week away. Bloodwork came back and all is well so I'm just coasting, continuing 5u Lupron, 2mg Estrace x3 and 81mg baby aspirin daily, until the retrieval early next week.

Contracts are revised and signed and consents for the clinic are out of the way so now all we need are some nice looking embies and a BFP.