Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Finalized !!!

Contracts are complete!  We got it knocked out in a little over two weeks with only a few hiccups.  I think we are all glad to have that part done and over with.  It can be complicated and having to communicate through two attorneys and not just sitting down face to face and and discussing everything makes it hard to effectively express your feelings and wishes without coming off as demanding.  Although I had a wonderful journey with A&T there were a few things going into this experience that I knew I wanted to change - so I had a few very specific requests - but overall I think we were all very reasonable with our expectations which has resulted in a strong well thought out contract.  It didn't come without a little compromise but I know for me personally I feel good about it.  We were able to finalize everything yesterday so now the signature pages will circulate and it will be official.

So excited to be moving forward with the fun stuff!

Tiffany

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay! That's awesome! Good to hear that it can be done rather quickly. I'm hoping for the same time frame with mine!

Jennifer said...

Well, I had a nice long comment all typed out and now its gone....sometimes I hate blogger!

I think the 1st thing I said was, do you realize that your 1st surro son and my 1st surro daughter are only days apart? Emma was born on 4/26/10 :) Talk about a small world....

And I think the 2nd thing I said had something to do with being on the 2nd leg of my 2nd journey and the fact that I am a total nervous Nelly now. After miscarrying at 10 weeks with our 1st transfer, and having no cause as to why, I'm constantly 2nd guessing myself this go-around. Hope I don't do something stupid like 2 shots :) (and of course that wouldn't happen, but I keep finding myself asking if I've taken my prenatal and having to stop & think about it for a bit). Sigh....

Good luck on your upcoming transfer :) We'll be transferring for the 2nd time on 4/29. I wish you guys well, and pray for the positive HPT's for all of us!!!