Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The "Gummy Bears"

We had our final appointment with the RE's office today and both babies are measuring right on target (7w4d) and look great. They are the size of gummy bears now and are taking shape. Baby A had a heartrate of 165 and Baby B was 167. I got my final med instructions (stop my PIO and patches 3/24) and we've already scheduled our first OB appt for 3/22 at which point we will be 10 weeks+.

I'm feeling pretty darn good. I carried twins to this point with my last surrogacy (lost Twin A around 8wks) and felt way worse then. So far the queasiness has been tolerable, the fatigue manageable and everything else pretty typical of a regular pregnancy. I have to stop over analyzing my symptoms (or lack of) and try to just enjoy that I'm pregnant with twins and let myself believe they are going to stick around.

I was able to have lunch with K&S afterwards. They are both very excited that things are continuing to progress and I think like me, are getting used to the idea that there are going to be TWO babies. We discussed our upcoming appointments and our move to the OBs office out here in my area. Very excited that
WE HAVE GRADUATED!!!


The Gummy Bears

They are really hard to get in the same pic due to how close they are together. You can see in the image of Baby A - the sac above it is Baby B's ... you just can't see him/her due to the angle.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I see lots of fighting for space for the 2 of them in your future :) Good luck and keep growing those little babies!!! Hooray for no more PIO in the coming weeks!!!! I'm sure your booty is excited about the end :)

Carly said...

So happy for the three of you! Prayers to continued healthy growth!
Have a Suneday! @ swtvintagelove.blogspot.com

whitney said...

that's so wonderful!!