Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Two Peas in a Pod


K&S and the boys came out for a lil visit last night.  The lil guys arrived hungry so after getting them fed and catching up on how we've all be doing over the last week we welcomed local photographer (Sincerely Me/Erica H.) to do a newborn photo shoot with the babes, part of the baby shower gift I gave K.  We got the boys all stripped down and snuggled them into a lil knitted peapod I had also gifted to IM (SophieChic).  So cute!!!  The boys were fairly cooperative - we got through it all with minimal fussiness and considering the amount of nakedness, the props almost all stayed clean. ;-)  Here is a lil preview.  I can't wait to see what other images she got.

(click to enlarge)

On another note, I had a two week postpartum check yesterday and my stupid c-section incision is infected in one area. Sorry if this is oversharing but, I'd noticed an odor a couple days ago and it was kinda pink but didn't think infection.  I'd also noticed there was a hard spot in one area.  My OB checked it out and it's basically a  pocket of fluid. She took a culture to rule out MRSA, really hoping that comes back negative. Yikes!  I'm supposed to drain it a couple times a day, keep it dry and covered and she put me on an antibiotic.  I'm hoping this one does the trick because she said if it doesn't she'll have to go with a stronger one and, I'd have to pump and dump while on it.  :-(

Still pumping like crazy but stretching it out to every 4-5 hrs now that I'm busy and away from the house more often.  The boys are piggys and doing well switching between breast milk and formula.  Their official due date is still a week away and despite being "preemies" (born prior to 37 weeks) they are doing great and growing like weeds!

I'd also like to share a link from my agency blog announcing the arrival of these sweet lil guys.  Family Source Consultants Blog

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Too adorable!

Michael said...

That's an adorable picture.

BreAnna's Having Their Baby said...

I LOVE the pea pod outfit!! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics either. I've been checking on here for more of the boys. :) That does suck about your c-section, I think that happens to people often though? I hope it heals quick with these antibiotics... Happy R&R thoughts being sent your way.