Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bringing Everyone Together

It's been a week ago already but, wanted to share that I was able to have a wonderful visit with both of my surrofams recently at our house.  I'm so very lucky that they are close and we can do this from time to time.

K&S arrived with the boys late afternoon and we were able to visit together and play with babies for a little while.  This was the first time my girls had seen Ryan and Mason since they were about 8 weeks old.  They enjoyed  the lil chubby guys and got a lot of smiles out of them.  A&T got to our house a little later and Giovanni immediately ran off with the girls.

We all enjoyed dinner together over some wine.  There were some laughs over me accidentally adding Russian whiskey to my rhubarb vinaigrette reduction vs. balsamic white vinegar (the bottles were nearly identical!!) and the fact that we have a shortage of steak knives in our house and T resorted to using an 8" chefs knife to cut his steak. LOL  The meal was great and we all enjoyed each others company and as always had plenty to talk about.  Good times.

After some delicious dessert from a bakery in the city, K&S packed up the their sleeping boys and headed home.  A&T lingered well into the evening and we finished off another couple more bottles of wine.  The day came together perfectly.  A little time with each family individually and some time all together as well.

I didn't snap any pics, we were just so busy talking and eating that I never even got out the camera.  I had hoped I'd get a picture or two of all the kids together, our four plus the three surroguys but, maybe next time - as I'm sure there will be a next time.

3 comments:

greatdana said...

What a beautiful picture you paint.

Jennifer said...

Yea Yea Yea!!! This is the sort of relationship I had hoped to have with my 2 surro families, but it just didn't pan-out that way :( And frankly, I'm just so stinking thankful for Allison & Emma, and our relationship, I truly can't complain!!!! So glad you had a fantastic visit. But seriously, shame on you for not getting a pic....tisk tisk tisk :P

Alison said...

It sounds like such a great time! That's wonderful how you can all come together that way. Love it!