Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Our Latest

So I figured it was time for an update.  At this point we are in somewhat of a holding pattern.  Although we were all on board for jumping right back into things and doing another cycle with the new RE, we ran into a little hiccup.  While thinking about our next steps - one afternoon it dawned on me - if we have a successful transfer in June/July we'd have a resulting Feb/March due date that would interfere with my nine year-old daughters gymnastics competition season (early Jan to mid March).  The team travels to six or more meets during the season and due to the travel restrictions outlined in our surrogacy contract (no more than 100+ miles from the hospital or out of state after 30 weeks gestation) I'd be unable to accompany her. This detail would impact us in such a way that she would not be able to participate.  Lauren has worked very hard over the past three years to be on team and now that she is finally there, I just can't deny her the opportunity.

I feel just awful about this as I know my IPs are so very anxious and have a lot invested in this process. I most certainly don't want to be selfish but this is a big deal for our daughter and family.  If there were anyway I could postpone the season - like I could a vacation - I would in a heartbeat, but it's just not an option and obviously out of my control.   I'm so thankful that my IP's have been understanding and are willing to be flexible.  At first we discussed making an exception to my travel for this purpose, but the more I thought about it, I just wasn't comfortable with the potential scenario.  I'd much rather we all be a little disappointed in having to wait then to cause them additional stress and worry as I'm on the road and a good distance from home late in our third trimester.  I can also imagine I wouldn't physically be the most comfortable at that point either and hours in the car, hotel room beds and bleacher seating would be less than welcoming.

IM has discussed with our new RE and the plan is for her to move forward with an egg retrieval and do a "freeze all".  This will give us the chance to see how she responds to the new protocol.  If there are resulting embryos we could potentially transfer, we can freeze and do so come Aug/Sept.  We could also consider doing a fresh cycle together in the fall and use any frozen embryos from the first cycle as back up.  The details will all depend on how well she responds and what there is to work with.

So for now, we are focusing on IM and getting a game plan together for a bit later in the year.  I'm hoping with a busy summer just around the corner time will fly and we will be back on track - with some lovely embryos - very soon.


1 comment:

jmrandle003 said...

everything will work out! that's one thing about surrogacy,it has to be a positive in everyone's life for it to truly work! I am just starting out my first surrogate journey and you have been such a great role model! Thank you!!! www.growingforanother.com