Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, November 2, 2009

14 weeks (Bouncing Baby on Board)

Today we had a great 14wk appointment. The basic details of the visit are; urine negative, blood pressure good, weight ... well let's just say I have my appetite back. We were taken back first thing for the u/s and we saw a beautiful bouncing baby! I know "A" was very relieved and I think a lil surprised to see her lil one so lively and "baby" looking. The munchkin had a good heartbeat of 145 bpm and measuring right on track. The tech also had to investigate the previous bleed from the miscarried Twin A and it appears to be reabsorbing which is great news. There is less of a risk of there being complications with each day that goes by without any bleeding. All has been quiet for the past week so just hoping it remains that way from here on out. Although a bit early the tech was trying to get a look at gender but it remains unknown for now, we'll see if baby cooperates next time around.

IPs and I were able to enjoy a nice relaxed lunch together and even began discussing details for the big day and all that comes before. It was great to hear them optimistically talking about their future family. A&T then came back to the house to hang out with Jason and the girls for awhile, we had a great afternoon visiting.

We will be going back in two weeks for another u/s just to check on everything, can't wait to see baby again. We got a few pics of baby, great images of hands, feet and even counted the little toes ... everything looks perfect.

Babies head on left, one arm stretched out above the head...too cute. :)

1 comment:

Rose Borrett said...

Great news! How exciting! I have to admit I am so envious, because I love being pregnant!