Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, January 11, 2010

24 weeks

Had a nice but quick visit with A&T today when we went in for our appointment. Today's appointment seemed pretty uneventful, especially since we've had an ultrasound at every appointment leading up to this one since 12 weeks. Baby G is doing well, I'm feeling lots of movement these days which has really allowed me to relax a lot the last month or so. His heart rate was 148 bpm and my belly is measuring on track.

Downside to the appointment was getting reprimanded for my weight gain. Let's just say I've almost gained already what I was hoping to the entire pregnancy. Yikes! I'm feeling a bit bummed about it because I really don't feel that I've been over indulging, I just can't help that I'm so darn hungry all the time! I've gotta start drinking more water and eating more regular meals. I tend to starve myself till 2pm when the kids go down to nap and then I eat and snack the whole rest of the day. I'm also trying to get back into the routine of some exercise, it's hard though in winter and when home alone a lot of evenings with the kids.

Our visit today was short and sweet and I feel there is so much I wanted to chat with IPs about that we didn't get a chance to. IF had a plane to catch to Spain so their time was limited but IM and I are trying to plan a lil spa day before the next scheduled OB visit. In four weeks we'll go back for a growth u/s and I also have the fun glucose test as well. Hopefully then we can all catch up and enjoy some time together.

Thinking it's about time for another picture. When IF saw me today he said, "Now that's impressive" LOL I'll be sure to add one soon.

No comments: