Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, January 18, 2010

25 weeks

My spine is forming and I'm 9 inches long! My lungs are becoming mature.

Time is flying ... 25 weeks down, 15 or less to go!

Today was a great day! IM and I spent the afternoon being pampered with massages and manicures ... perfect! IM had an interesting conversation with her masseuse. The woman was engaging her in a lil small talk and asked if "A" had any children. IM responded with "No, not yet". Then the woman asked, "Do you just plan to spoil Tiffany's baby?" IM's response, "Well that's kinda an interesting story." LOL The ladies doing our manicures were just as interested in everything. Sometimes I'm not sure how much or what to tell strangers but usually all the details just end up spilling out.

(Edit: 7/8/2012): I had to share that one of the nail techs mentioned above is now my great friend and surrosister!  She was inspired by mine and A's experience and decided to contact the agency.  She moved forward with them quickly and her journey as a surrogate began.  She delivered a baby boy in early 2011 for IF "J".  She went on to do a second journey and just this past week she delivered "firecracker" boy/boy twins on the 4th of July for her IPs "M&M".  I just love all the wonderful people that I've been introduced to thanks to surrogacy.

Afterwards we went out for a nice lunch. We had plenty of time to chat and even looked over the birth plan I've been working on the last couple of days. Later we wandered around BRU for a good while just looking at all the baby stuff. I thought I could be some help when it came to looking at all the gear but was surprised how much has changed just in the last 3 years since my "baby" was born. So many more gadgets and all the options! I can totally understand why IM would be completely overwhelmed. After all that we came back to the house for some coffee while the girls entertained us with their silliness.

It was so nice to spend time with "A" today and hear her accounts of everyone's reaction to the news that they are expecting. Time to start thinking about getting everything ready now that the word is out! I gave Baby G a little gift, a newborn sleeper and a romper for when he's a bit bigger and these are the very first items they have for him!! Sounds like there may be some baby showers in the works though so I'm sure all will be set by his arrival.

I was really hoping IM would get a chance to feel him moving about some today. It didn't happen, by the time we sat down for a lil bit he was pretty quiet with just a couple random thumps that we missed, but next time for sure!

I took a couple pics to show off this belly, it's pop'n on out there now!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great day- you deserve it! And cute shirt in the pic!