Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Countdown is nearly here!!



Today we had a great 32 week OB appointment with an u/s too. The "lil" guy is measuring in the 77th percentile and a good two weeks ahead. His estimated weight was 4lbs 14oz with another 7 weeks to go (any guesses?). The fetal heartrate was 166bpm. He was a bit more active this time, last u/s he was sleeping. He must have been getting tired though, he was yawning throughout the u/s and it was too cute. I've shared a couple images with you. The top one is of his face head on, you can see his right eye, nose, lips and chubby cheeks pretty clearly. The other image is of his profile. You can't really see it in either picture here but he has hair and looks like quite a bit of it too.

As for me things are going well. I have started to slow down a bit and I am getting a lil more uncomfortable doing daily tasks. I'm so blessed to have a husband who helps out a lot and a wonderful daycare assistant (my sister) who both take over for me when I'm just not feeling up to it. Everything checked out great at the appointment; urine, blood pressure and even weight gain are all on target.

We also had the opportunity to go over the birth plan with our OB and she was on board with most all of it. Following our appointment there we headed over to the hospital (RMH) and had a Pre-Admission Interview. Everything went great. A&T got a lot of useful information and we were able to discuss our expectations with the staff, lay out all the details before the big day and get a tour. It was reassuring to know they've worked with surrogacy situations before so hopefully everything will go smoothly and we all have an amazing experience.

Afterwards A&T, Jason and I went out to an early dinner. We always have lots to talk about and enjoy chatting about anything and everything ... and now there is lots of baby talk too. Sounds like they are getting things ready and have a couple of baby showers to look forward to as well. How fun!!

Next weekend we'll be seeing one another again already, we've decided to all take a birthing class together. Just a little over a week after that is another OB appointment so they will be visiting a lot from here on out. Just another few weeks and it will be time to pack the bags and start the official countdown!!

Here's my latest pic taken this morning at 32wks 3days.

No comments: