Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two Months (and a visit)

Another update for you all. I'll start first with Baby G's 2 month well baby check-up. He's doing great! IM said the appointment went well and his stats are 13lbs 3oz (90th percentile) and 25 1/8 inches (95th percentile) so he's keeping up with the curve and staying high on the charts. He had to have five vaccines which didn't make him a very happy camper so it was a bit of a rough night following the doctor visit. Poor baby.

Baby G is making little sounds, smiling and giggling, and seems to recognize his mama's voice. He can easily hold his head up and he holds onto rattles and toys for small amounts of time. He's starting to focus and follow things with his eyes and he loves to be in his bouncey chair and to kick!

We got in a visit this week which of course is a nice treat. Yesterday we went for a quick lunch at a locally owned fast food joint, Beef-a-Roo. There was one down by the hospital that we delivered at and IF commented a couple of times that he wanted to check it out ... YUM cheddar fries!! After wards we went back to the house to sit on the patio, it was a gorgeous night! We all enjoyed a little red wine while the kids played in the backyard. Our daughter Chloe (10) is taking an acting class this week and A&T helped her rehearse some lines and give her a little direction since that is their area of expertise. She was eating it up!! I was able to get in lots of snuggles and was excited to get some smiles too! I held the little guy while he took a short cat nap, so peaceful & precious!

A&T brought along a gift from Baby G's grandma & grandpa (IF's parents). It was a beautiful Llardo angel figurine from Spain (Angel Dreaming). It will be the perfect memento of our journey to display in my curio cabinet. My deepest thanks for such a special gift L&F.

After awhile we had to come in (darn mosquitoes) and visited for a little longer indoors. Baby G was getting tired after not getting much sleep the night prior thanks to the shots, so it was time for them to head home.

I feel so lucky and blessed, I never would have imagined a year ago that the relationship with my IPs would be all that it is today. As A&T were leaving we briefly discussed when we'd be getting together next. The trend has been every 10-14 days, mostly due to the EBM pick ups, but it has been great that we see each other so frequently. IM commented that we weren't gonna be able to get rid of them now ... believe me the feeling is very mutual.

No comments: