Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Speed Bump

It wouldn't be surrogacy without a speed bump in the way. So the latest, I went in today for a monitoring appointment to make sure my lining was on track and looking good for transfer next week. What showed up on the u/s has thrown our cycle into limbo - fluid. Gah! My lining without the fluid is at 10mm which is wonderful - but the 2mm pocket of fluid has got to go. This is totally frustrating since in my previous three cycles everything on my end has always been "perfect". Totally was not expecting this today.

Transfer can't happen with a compromised lining - this has to be resolved in the coming days for us to move forward. The RE requested that I make the trip into the Chicago suburbs to visit the office where transfer will take place so their u/s tech can get a closer look at what we're dealing with. Bright and early tomorrow morning I'll head into the clinic to evaluate things.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Miley said...

Awww, stink! Hopefully they can make the fluid GO AWAY! Acc!

Jennifer said...

I had fluid too, but not a clue how much. Apparently it wasn't enough to worry with because we are still on-course for transferring this Friday! All of my appendages are crossed.... :)