Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Okaaaay

This is sweet lil Giovanni's favorite word right now. His momma A says he passed through the NO phase and in a mostly agreeable "Okaaay" phase now. It's too cute.

We had a wonderful visit with them this past weekend. My FIF T prepared a delicious seven course meal for us all - dinner began at 7 o'clock and we were wrapping up the final dessert course around 2 AM! It was great visiting with them, sharing several bottles of wine and spending time with Mr. G. He's getting so big and has the sweetest personality. He again didn't hesitate for a second when I put my arms out to him and he even nuzzled in for a snuggle - LOVE IT! He's busy as ever and full of smiles. FIM kept apologizing that he was "out of sorts", he was just getting over being sick earlier in the week but he didn't act any differently than any other 18 month old I know. ;) He keeps busy getting into things he shouldn't, loves to look at books and play with his truck(s) and show off his dancing skills.

It was a full evening of catching up, we got to hear all about the lil guys first trip to the ER and he proudly showed off his "Boo" in the middle of his forehead and the Mater truck the doctor gave him. Mom admitted it wasn't her best parenting moment - small child. blood. FREAK OUT!

Like all of us, they are gearing up for a busy Christmas season and getting in some travel time after the New Year. Since we all have a lot going on we likely won't see one another again until after holidays. Next time the girls will be included and I promise I'll get some pics.

I am feeling so very thankful today for my extended surro family and all the joy they've brought to our lives. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: