Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 14 - A Surrogates Point of View

We've reached Week 14 and are trucking along in the 2nd trimester now - I just can't believe it! It's flying by and I can't help but already start to think how very close we are getting to the half way point, seeing as this is twins and we'll likely deliver earlier than 40 weeks. We've received word that everything from the NT scan, bloodwork included, looks great. The biggest news of the week - I can feel flutters!! They are slight and ever so small but I can feel the "butterflies" now and then when I'm very still. I can't wait for the movements to get stronger and eventually share them with K&S. We have another OB appointment this upcoming week and I'll start my belly progression photos now that we've reached this milestone as well so stay tuned.

Since there isn't much to report right now I'll leave you with some thoughts from another surro-sisters blog.

I have had several great surrogacy blogs come to my attention over the last couple years. Many of them are written by the ladies I've met via message boards and others are ladies (and gentlemen) that find me here, comment on my blog and then I return the favor and follow their journeys. One of those fellow surrogates is Jeni and I'd like to share a recent post from her blog regarding "A Surrogates Point of View". She's taken the time to put into words the thoughts and feelings of the surro and answer many of the questions that come to the minds of inquisitive friends and family on both sides of the experience.

A Surrogates Point of View
~ Jeni Denhof ~



I've also updated my Blogs of Interest list (bottom right margin) to include some newer (to me) surrogacy journeys that you might also find fun to follow. The list includes journeys of all types and at all stages. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Thank you Tiffany! You're so sweet! :)

Roxy3giraffe said...

The movement with the twins is surreal! I think either one of them moves more often and strongly than my DS ever did then add the fact that there are two of them! I knew when I got to 18 weeks that I was at least half way done because our doctors won't let me go beyond 38 weeks (if I even make it that far!). I predict you'll start seeing their movement from the outside before you know it!

Billie said...

Hello Tiffany, I read your blog among others and am always glad to see new posts on how everything is progressing.Reading Surro blogs is what pushed me into taking my dream of being a surrogate mother to reality. But after some unfortunate events with our first transfer my IPS and I have been left in a very emotional journey into our second try. With that I feel that we all could use some support from other people that have been where we have been or where we are. I would really love it if you being a well established blogger could share our story with some of your readers and other surro friends.My blog address is billiessurrogatestory.blogspot.com Thank you for your time.