Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, January 7, 2008

What doctor is right for this journey?

Well, quick update. I had an appointment for my cervical cultures this past week and it went great. I'll tell ya, I've been through some drama with my OB office. It is a group practice and I had a run in with one doctor in particular that was not supportive of my surrogacy at all. I won't go into detail but I'll just tell you she had a very negative reaction when I told her of my plan. I was ready to leave the clinic because of her attitude regardless of the fact that I've been going to this practice for 8 years, and the one OB on staff, that I like very much, delivered 3 of my 4 children. I didn't want to chance having to be schedule with this woman again or God forbid have her be the attending doctor at a delivery!!

Well, I needed my cultures done soon and didn't have the time to research new doctors/clinics so I went back. I agreed to be seen by the nurse practitioner and she was wonderful!!! She was so compassionate and warm and the total opposite of what I experienced on my last visit. She personally guaranteed that if I chose to stay she would provide my care along with the OB that I like. She was so excited to be apart of this journey too and is 100% willing to be cooperative with the RE's office and will work with them during the process. I was very relieved and I'm so happy to know she will be holding my hand through this exciting process. She was so sweet and as I was leaving she asked to give me a hug and said some very kind words. We were both touched and near tears when I left.

Hysterosonogram is scheduled for Wednesday. I'm a bit bummed because my IM can't join me on this visit but I think it should be fairly easy so I'll be ok. I just plan to drive into the city (Chicago) and right back home so it shouldn't be to big of a deal.

I'll be sure to post an update after my appointment. Shouldn't be to much longer and we'll be getting our med schedules and transfer date!!!

No comments: