Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Cycle Update

IM had her first monitoring appointment Wednesday, she only had 5 follies ... not the best but we knew she probably wouldn't respond exceptionally from the beginning of all this. Last cycle there were only 5 follies at the first check also, by the 2nd check two had reabsorbed so we really only had 3 and then one didn't mature so 2 total at retrival. This time around at her 2nd check, which was today, there are still 4 out of the 5 follies that are developing nicely so all is looking good. Hoping there are still 4 nice follicles there at retrieval time.

As for me, I'm going to be taking Ganarelix (along with other meds) till Tuesday which is when my next appt is. We are having some communication issues between the clinic, insurance and the pharmacy that have been a bit of a headache to sort out but hopefully that will be resolved by today. Poor IM...I've been calling her every day since Wed. with this issue, she doesn't need this stress. Insc said they need to hear from her again so hopefully she can make the call , get the approval and the pharmacy can schedule my meds to be delivered that I need by Sunday night. Ugh!!

Back to cycling news, IM will get her hormone levels back this afternoon but the IVF coordinator said that based on how everything looks trigger may be as early as Tuesday with a Wednesday retrieval. That would put our transfer at next Saturday, only 8 days away. This cycle is going by fast!

No comments: