Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

In Honor of Mother's Day

I wanted to wish my favorite new mom a Happy Mother's Day!! Celebrating this day has been a long time coming and I am just thrilled that I had a small part in making that happen for "A". I'm overjoyed that there is another wonderful woman enjoying this special day with her precious child close by.

Here's a favorite lil poem that my mother gave to me when I became a mommy for the first time nearly 16 years ago. It's has hung on the wall in the girls nursery throughout the years as a reminder of those early days.

To A First Time Mother

Relax my dear ... your
little elf is just an amateur
himself.

So if your hands so newly filled
with tasks seem somewhat less
than skilled ... Relax, I say,

This little pinkling
doesn't have the slightest inkling
that you are new to baby lore ...
He's never had a mom before.

author unknown


God bless all the moms out there and have a very
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: