Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Snuggle Time

Baby G came for a visit today (on what was our original due date). It was so nice to see A&T and the lil guy and hear how their first week has gone. Sounds like they are getting settled into their new life as a family and enjoying parenthood.

I got in some cuddles which was nice, he's such a cutie. Really what makes me smile most though is watching IM (and IF) hold and interact with Baby G. When I think about how long they waited for their child and reflect on our journey over the past two and a half years I am still amazed at what a lil miracle he is.

Besides snuggles the other purpose of their visit was to pick up the EBM (expressed breast milk) I had for them . I was pretty excited about the supply I had, I stashed over 350 oz. in the last 6 days . We're gonna see each other again in the next few weeks for another EBM pick up. I'm glad I can do this for them, gotta keep that big boy well feed ... and it also helps me continue to feel useful.

Today A&T gifted me a beautiful Pandora bracelet. The bracelet is sterling silver and included seven beads; the Journey charm, Teddy Bear, Baby Carriage, Block w/ letter G, Silver Heart, Baby Booty w/ blue diamond and my favorite the Kangaroo with baby which is a symbol of surrogacy. This is something I will cherish and appreciate forever.

1 comment:

Bev (Mom) said...

I just listened to the music on your blog. Those songs certainly tell a story of dreams, determination, and triumph. What a great journey you had with A & T, and little G. I'm so please it all turned out so beautifully.