About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nearly a week ...

... has gone by since all the excitement. Wow that went by fast! Here's a little update on how everything is going.

We were all released from the hospital Monday afternoon. A&T and Baby G stopped by our house on their way out of town to drop me off, have a quick bite to eat and prepare for the ride home. We said our goodbyes knowing it wouldn't be for long, but not without a few joyful tears.

I am doing really well. Besides an achy back, which I attribute to readjusting to walking without a bowling ball in front of me, and the swelling I'm still experiencing in my feet my recovery has been quick and easy (thank goodness for no c-section). Emotionally I'm doing great. I am still just in awe at what we all accomplished together. Life is getting back to normal here in our household; time to renew, refresh and refocus.

I've been able to talk/text back and forth with IM a couple times in the last several days. Baby G had his first doctor appointment on Tuesday and all went great. He's dropped a bit of weight, down to 9lbs 6oz, but doing good. IM sent me a pic of him in the outfit I gave them, he was just too cute. IM also emailed me yesterday and thought I'd share a lil excerpt from her message (it made me smile) ....

First few days and nights have been a little tough while we figure everything out - pretty much goes like this...

Baby G cries, he looks hungry, I feed him, he falls asleep while I feed him, I stop feeding him 'cause he's asleep, I burp him, his diaper needs changing, I change it, he wakes up, he looks hungry, and then it all starts over again...there are some variations - sometimes we both fall asleep after I feed him and burp him, sometimes he eats and then looks around, then wants to be held. He mostly wants to be held...he doesn't like being put down in the bassinet unless he's completely out of it. I think that's about how it is with all newborns though, isn't it?

We will be seeing one another again this coming Monday (our original due date). I'm looking forward to a few snuggles and time with the new lil family.

Life is good.


Bev (Mom) said...

Sounds pretty typical for the life a newborn. Makes me think of that poem you have on Izzy's wall from when Brie was born. Glad to hear everyone is doing well, including you my dear.

Tiffany said...

I love that poem mom, I'll have to share it on here in the coming week.

Bianka said...

i admire what you have done!! i have been a "silent" reader for a while, congrats to all of you.
please keep updating the blog!

Lisa said...

You probably already know (since you're an ol' pro at this) that walking is good for the swelling.

Sounds like the new mom is figuring things out, namely that the baby is in charge now! I'm sure she has no problem not putting him down.

You know I've followed your story all along, but it really sunk in for me reading the note from your IM that you played such a big role in making it possible for them to have G. It made me tear up a little. You're just so awesome!