Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Have Baby - Will Travel

Well sounds like having a lil one has not slowed down my FIPs. At the end of summer they took a trip with Giovanni in tow to New Orleans, then just recently North Carolina. Baby G did so well with the flight that he'll be heading off on his first overseas visit next month - to Spain. FIM said that filling out the passport info was a bit comical; occupation, weight, height, etc. Um...baby, 20 lbs, 28 inches. LOL They've also talked about taking a trip to Italy before he's to old to travel for cheap - sounds like he's going to be quite the world traveler.

Giovanni recently went for his 9 month well-child visit. His growth seems to be leveling out - all in the 50-75% range - and out of the 90s! He weighed in at 20 lbs 10 oz and is 28 1/2 inches long. Still a big boy though (none of my girls hit 20lbs till well after a year)

IM says he's on the move, standing on his own for a minute and cruising the furniture - but no unassisted steps yet. He's also taken to wanting to climb so it's time to install the baby gates! He's a good eater and has been experimenting with plenty of foods, but still prefers his bottle. I'm sure he'll have a well developed palate before long - God knows with his daddy - picky eating will not be allowed. They've gotten lucky in the sleep department - who can complain about 10 hours a night? He's still not the biggest fan of naps, which I'm sure his nap loving dad has a thing or two to say about ... but overall he's a good sleeper.

I'm stopping in for a visit in just a little over a week, can't wait to get in some snuggles and see how big he's getting. Wow time is flying - won't be long at it will be party planning time!

No comments: