Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Off to a Great Start

My journey with K&S is beginning to move along.

So what's the latest you ask. Late last month Jason and I met with the psychologist for our assessment - ya know just in case I went crazy at some point in the last couple years. The evaluation went just fine. We actually saw the same doctor that was used for my last journey and she remembered us once we introduced ourselves. She was very interested to find out how things went with A&T and excited to hear of Baby G's arrival and that we had such a great experience. I dodged having to retake the MMPI, she didn't find it necessary but I must admit I was a tad disappointed - the 500+ question personality test was a source of entertainment last time. Before leaving she said everything sounded great and my clearance letter was forwarded on to the RE.

I promptly scheduled my first appointment to meet with Dr. Kaplan/FCI for my med clearance. I was looking forward to it and was disappointed when we had to rescheduled last minute thanks to the blizzard, going into downtown Chicago the day after that mess - not a good idea. Thankfully we found a time that worked without much delay and Jason and I visited the River North FCI clinic this week. We had bloodwork drawn for the FDA workup and I was also taken back for a saline ultrasound. No problems there, in Dr. Kaplan's words everything looked "beautiful". We then met with the third party reproductive coordinator to sign consents, review the protocol and go over a calendar - VERY EXCITING.

The highlight of the trip to the city was meeting K(IM) for lunch. Since we've been emailing each other over the last two months getting together again was very relaxed and comfortable. I just have to say how much I am enjoying getting to know her - she has such a fun outgoing personality. Unfortunately IF wasn't able to get away this time, but hopefully we'll all be able to get together again soon.

The next step is to begin work on contracts but as of now the time line is an April/May cycle with a tentative transfer the end of May. Come on Spring!

No comments: