Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Week 30 - Reassurance & Ramblings

We've been anticipating getting the lab results back all week and finally yesterday, at my weekly OB visit, I was able to go over everything with the doctor.  The verdict is, I DO NOT have an inter-uterine infection.  **Sigh of relief**.  The four tests showed that although I'd previously been exposed to Parvovirus, HSV(1) and CMV and have antibodies for these viruses - I do not have an active infection. I tested negative for Toxoplasmosis and HSV (2).  This is all good news.

So as of now we know; the echogenic bowel is not due to an active inter-uterine infection, it is not cystic fibrosis and it's very unlikely it's another chromosomal abnormality based on the results of the early genetic testing that was done. So we've eliminated or reduced the likely hood that it's a "complicated" issue and are leaning towards one of the "simple" scenarios I referred to previously that will just require monitoring to ensure it doesn't progressively get worse.  As of now it's unchanged which is good - hopefully when we go back next Friday it will have either resolved itself or at the very least not be any worse.  **Fingers crossed**

Everything else is going well.  I'm still feeling pretty good however, sleep is starting to become an issue.  I'm fortunate that I haven't had any real back pain but the size of my belly makes it hard to get comfortable at night.  That and the fact that I'm up 2-3 times to use the bathroom and also woken nearly every night from acid reflux symptoms - it's not often very restful sleep.  I'm really beginning to appreciate the hour or two of downtime I get each afternoon that I'm able to put up my feet and rest my eyes while my assistant looks after the daycare kiddos.

I've also noticed more in this pregnancy than in any other, circulation issues.  I have to be sure and alternate sitting and standing because if I do either for too long - my legs get tingly and my feet feel numb.  Not alternating between the two can also causes swelling and not just in my feet but my entire leg.  This is again where the mid day rest and opportunity to put my feet up is much needed.

Overall I feel I'm doing quite well for being this far along in a twin pregnancy.  It's overwhelming to think we have only 6-7 weeks left and, that's if I carry up until eviction time (38wks) !!  Many twins are delivered around 35-36wks - that'only a month away!!!  I know K&S are anxious to meet their lil boys and I can't wait for that moment but, I'm beginning to reach the bittersweet phase of this surrogate pregnancy - I'm just not ready for it to be over.  How can we possibly be this close to the end?!?!

**There are just a few pics from the baby shower weekend in the photo album.  I'm still waiting on more.  K took a TON but has to go through them and do some editing, a big task I'm sure!  I'll share them and some more details about our weekend as soon as I can. :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I guess I was on vacay for your 29w post because I completely missed that! I'm so thankful that the tests all showed negative for viruses and such. That dang CMV virus is what cause us to abort our first retrieval/transfer at the 23rd hour back when I was carrying for Allison. It took 4 months before the IF was clear and we could start up again :-(. I know how worried you are about that little guy and will pray that the situation resolves itself before delivery. Keep up the good baby bakin' and hang in there!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany!
I am still sending up good vibes and prayers for those twins to stay healthy and stay PUT for as long as possible! I was wondering if I could see your photo album pictures???
Take it easy and rest up!
Marsha