Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fastest Cycle Ever!

Oh my, we are going through this cycle at warp speed!  10 days ago we didn't have dates or a plan and now, due to some new developments, transfer has been moved up nearly a week and is only days away!

IM and I both started meds the first of the month and have been monitored every few days since then.  They were anticipating her retrieval about 2 weeks after the start of stims, but at her appointment Wednesday (day 6) she had three potential follicles; R - 25mm (possible cyst) and 24mm, L - 22mm.  So, the RE decided it was time and she was instructed to trigger with retrieval scheduled for tomorrow (Friday).  Being ahead of schedule presented a potential problem though, my lining may not be at the proper thickness yet.  I went in this morning for u/s and bloodwork with the hope that despite AF just finishing earlier this week and only being on meds a a few days that it may be close enough. Lining is still "thin" but was 6.5-7mm + so no doubt it will be perfectly within desired range (7mm+ per the RE) by transfer which will be either MONDAY or WEDNESDAY !!!  Embryo quantity and quality will determine which day the transfer takes place.  We are all keeping fingers crossed that they are able to retrieve mature eggs from each of IM's follicles and they fertilize and make healthy strong embryos.

I've been on Estrace 3x daily and did Ganirelix injections both Tues and Wed to lengthen my LH phase.  I just did my Pregnyl trigger (new to me this protocol) which will stimulate ovulation since we are using my natural hormones in addition to the synthetic hormone support.  I'll start PIO (progesterone injections) tomorrow.  In the past my protocol has been weeks if not more than a month of meds and this time, it'll be about 12 days total.  Crazy fast.  Totally exciting!  Staying realistic but so very hopeful this is it!



No comments: