Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, September 28, 2015

(Nearly) 30 weeks

Can you believe we are headed into the home stretch!  At one point this pregnancy felt like it was going to go on forever and now here I am packing a hospital bag and making arrangements for delivery day and IPs are painting the nursery and moving in furniture!

Baby A (top) Baby B (bottom)
Babies are very active and continue to grow and grow.  We have another visit with MFM coming up for a growth u/s to get an estimate on their sizes.  Here are a couple of sweet images from the last OB appt.  Getting a lil baby squish on them now!!!  Aren't they just too cute!!!

Things are going well.  I did end up not passing the 3 hr GTT so I've been diagnosed as having gestational diabetes (GDM).  This is a first for me and although it comes with a few risks to myself and babies, if well controlled we all should do just fine.  My OB suggested I start modifying my diet about 6 wks ago and that was going well but, unfortunately with the GDM diagnosis not only do I have to watch what I eat but I also have to monitor blood sugar levels so, on Friday I met with the dietitian and picked up my glucometer.  I take my blood sugar readings 4x daily, once after waking up and then an hour after each meal and I also have to document what I'm eating throughout the day.  If anything the dietitian was concerned with how infrequently I was eating so I'm being very diligent about taking in enough nutrients by getting in three decent meals and a few snacks while still keeping a close eye on my carb(sugar) intake.  I follow up with both my OB and the dietitian in about a week to find out if the GDM is being controlled well enough by diet alone or if we have to consider medication.  Fingers crossed for a good update.

Just for fun I'm adding a baby poll to this post and it will also be available in the sidebar with the full blog layout.  Would love to hear your guesses.  Remember, full term due date is December 11th but due to being multiples, if I don't go into labor on my own before 38 weeks (November 27th), my OB will deliver babies via c-section right around that date .  Babies have been measuring big and we DO NOT know gender of either A or B.  Have fun!!!!




No comments: