Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 23 - All In Stride

Pregnancy-wise things are going very well.  Sleeping is ok yet (minus the 1-2 times per night I go to the bathroom), heartburn is moderate to "yuck" most days but my general comfort level is not too bad.

Life in general got a tad stressful this week but I'm looking ahead with a smile and taking it as a sign that someone is looking out for me and saying, it might be a good idea to slow down here pretty soon.  Although I am physically and mentally doing great now, with multiples that can change without notice so, I have to remember how fragile this pregnancy is and lookout for myself and these babies.  We are a week from what is considered "viability" but these lil guys need a lot more time to bake to ensure they're born healthy.  Slowing down right now probably isn't such a bad thing.

I'm going to use this post as an opportunity to say thanks to my great "team" that helps me look like superwoman to the outside world.   My lovely daycare assistant Brandi is god-send, my substitute Gina is always willing to help and here in a moments notice if needed.  Of course there is my husband Jason and I must also mention our 12 year old daughter Chloe who have been pitching in around the house.  You can add to that list our cleaning lady Maria who started recently, oh how I love to see her car pull up on Saturday mornings.  I couldn't do it without their help.  Thanks guys!!!

We have another appointment coming up this Friday - surprise, surprise. LOL  This one is with MFM for another growth ultrasound.  I'm so looking forward to the end of the week because K&S and their super friendly dog Tucker are going to linger afterwards for a cookout here at the house.  I can't wait to spend the evening with them relaxing and chatting.

No comments: