Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 24 - Twin Infused

My IPs joined us for a BBQ at our house yesterday and I think I described everything on the menu as being "infused" with something (yes, I've been watching a lot of Food Network lately,  what can I say I'm pregnant and always hungry).  Jason commented, "Tiffany is "twin infused" and for whatever reason I thought it was hilarious and therefor this blog has earned it's title describing the state of my growing belly.  More about our visit later.

The day started out with lunch.  K and I joined my bestie (and fellow surro) Daisy as well as another surro friend Melissa (who is 13wks w/ a singleton) and her IM.  It was a quick visit that we squeezed in between Melissa's appointment and our own.  It was great to chat and hang out for a bit discussing all the plans both IMs were making for their new little ones on the way.  I wish we had had longer but K and I had to head out for our appointment after only an hour.  Hopefully we'll have a chance to do it again.

We made our way over to the hospital to be seen by the MFM department for our monthly visit with the high-risk OB to monitor the babies growth.  All looked perfect.  The boys were a little excitable and very active which would account for their speedy lil heart rates of 158 (A) and 161 (B).  The growth measurements were all right on track.  Both are in the 50th percentile (based on a singleton) and have managed to go from 12oz. each at the 20wk anatomy scan up to 1.8lbs (A) & 1.9lbs (B).  Right now the 6% discrepancy in overall size between the babies is well within the acceptable range - anything more than 20% becomes a concern.  Amniotic fluid looked great and the pockets depths were both in the 5 range (ideal is 3-8).  We love these MFM appointments because we always get 3D glimpses of the lil guys.  It's neat to see all their cute little facial features and expressions.  Babies were both breech (still doing flip flops) and one of them was literally folded in half with feet up by his head. LOL They are getting a bit more squished which you can see on the u/s - space is getting tighter.  So, once again all is looking good and I will see the OB on Tuesday for a cervical length check and regular visit.

We've been trying for awhile now to plan a time when K&S could linger in the area and come back to the house to hang out and be introduced to our girls.  They had met before, over a year ago at a BBQ we hosted, but since we weren't pregnant yet at the time Jason and I choose not to introduce them to our youngest girls as "the couple we were working with" at that time.  On that first initial visit K&S brought their adorably sweet dog Tucker along and the girls TOTALLY remembered him but, not K&S. ;)  They brought him along on this visit too and the girls LOVED seeing him and were happy to formally meet K&S as well.  We had a very nice dinner together and afterwards we chatted and laughed over a campfire and s'mores.  It was great to just sit back and relax and enjoy each others company.

Image 1: Baby A (squished into Baby B's shoulder)
 Image 2: Baby A (slightly less squished)
Image 3: Baby B


No comments: