Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Check that off the list

Well, another appointment down. Today Jason and I went in for the psychological evaluation. It was rather painless and easy, basically just reviewing the questions in my profile that I gave the agency. I think the doctor was very at ease with my decision and there really wasn't a need for "probing" questions. We did discuss the one big factor in the outcome in all this and that is IMs "advance" maternal age. She is just over 40 so a lot of how well this works is weighing on egg/embryo quality. I think the psychologist just wanted to be sure I was aware that even though pregnancy has come easy for me, it might not be so easily achieved through this. Regardless, I'm an optimistic person so I'm not gonna fret over the unknown at this point. I'm just hoping for the best.

I do have the MMPI -2 to take either tonight or tomorrow when I have some peace and quiet to answer the 567 questions!!!! YIKES!!! They are True/False though and mostly statements and then I just have to choose how I feel about it. They are so ridiculous though, it is amazing to think they can actually determine someones personality and tendencies from some of these questions. The test is used to rule out hypochondriasis, depression, paranoia, aggression etc. so I can understand where the questions are coming from but some are so silly. I am amused by it mostly.

OK, on to the great part about today. Jason and I went out to lunch with A&T following the appointment. It was such a nice visit and we chatted for 3 hours. Everything was much more relaxed than last time and we were just able to get to know one another. The conversation flowed so easily and again Jason and IF seemed to have the most to talk about. They are both big time into film (this is actually IF's line of work) and Jason is a movie buff so they get along GREAT!!! LOL

I will admit, I was still a little quiet for me. I guess I hadn't realized how much I ramble on about my kids until I consciously make an effort not to do so. We did talk some about my previous pregnancies/deliveries and the girls too, but I just tried hard to not let that be the ONLY thing I talked about. I know for a fact I let the girls consume my thoughts and I can go on and on and on about them sometimes. Seeing as how A&T haven't met them yet I just feel I'd rather wait instead of blabbing non stop about them and usually when I talk about my children it is with friends who have their own "kid stories" to share. Hopefully A&T will have some of those soon enough too. We talked about plenty other stuff too and as I said it was just nice to enjoy one another company and not feel the pressure we did in the match meeting interview a few weeks back.

So, looks like next it is on to medical exams. We have an appointment set with the lawyer in two weeks but from what IF was saying we need to do med exams with the RE first. If that is the case then those will take place early Jan. and then contracts soon after. Oh, another great thing I found out today is they don't think their RE typically does mock cycles so we may be looking at getting started as early as February. That would be awesome!!

I am very excited by the thought of having a successful Feb/March transfer and A&T getting a baby in time for Christmas. I think that would be wonderful.

No comments: