Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, February 15, 2010

29 weeks

I can see light, taste, hear voices and smell. I weigh almost 3lbs!

I spent today in my Obstetrician office taking the three hour glucose tolerance test. Ugh! I got the results back from the one hour on Friday, my blood sugar was elevated and they needed me to fast starting Sunday at midnight and come in at 8:30 AM Monday (today) for the longer test to rule out having gestational diabetes.

Anyway, I guzzled my lovely morning cocktail and had blood drawn every hour on the hour. Baby G must have got a good buzz from the drink because he was super active and kicking the crude out of me. I texted IM to let her know her son was entertaining me with all the intense movements. I got a good sugar high too that was followed by a pretty big crash. When I got home I nearly passed out, no joke! I started sweating and the room began to spin. I got some food in my stomach and was able to lay down for about an hour and am feeling a much better now.

Not looking forward to the call tomorrow and just hoping for the best. Fingers crossed all is ok.

No comments: