Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, February 22, 2010

30 weeks

I am gaining fat and muscle now. I have toenails and weigh almost 4 pounds!

Ahhh 10 weeks or less to go!!! I can't believe this milestone is here already, seems long overdue that we reach this part of our journey but the pregnancy itself is going very quickly.

We had an uneventful OB appointment this morning. As for me, urine and BP look fine ... I was up a pound from last week which I am a-ok with especially considering he's putting on weight too now. Baby G is looking great, his heart rate was a bit high for him. It was 150 when it's usually in the high 130's to 140's. Must have been the OJ I had with breakfast. All is looking good and we'll go back in two weeks for another growth u/s and check up.

A&T and I also meet up with the doula for some coffee. We went over the birth plan we've worked up and over a few expectations and what not. That's all taken care of now so unless we'd like to meet with her again to go over some birthing techniques we'll see her again on D-day!!

Sounds like A&T have been making preparations. The "nursery" is being cleaned up and they made a stop into BRU over the weekend to do some "research". IM and IF were discussing baby showers and I was very honored when they asked me to be a part of the celebration. No need to go shopping ... I already bought a "little something". I'm excited to meet some of their friends and family ... this lil guy is SOOOOO loved already!

No comments: