Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Friday, February 12, 2010

He's Adorable !!

Today we had our 28 week appointment and were surprised with some 3D images of this lil guy. He's such a cutie!! Cheeks are getting a bit chubby, a precious little nose and even some hair atop his head.

All the measurements looked good and he's even sizing up a week or more ahead. Right now he's estimated to be about 3lbs 3oz which puts him in the 76th percentile. The doctor was pleased with how everything is coming along. I was instructed to start those kick counts, 10 movements in an hour period and also to call if the Braxton Hicks become to frequent (more than 4-5 in an hour). So far I'm having some but only a couple times a day so no worries there.

After the OB visit we headed back to the house. We played a little Wii with the girls and had some good laughs. Jason whipped up some dinner for all and then we chatted for quite awhile over dessert and coffee.

IM gave me a compilation disk of some songs that have touched her in one way or another throughout their journey to become parents. She included some sentiments about why each song was chosen, brought tears to my eyes. I'm looking forward to listening to it all and enjoying the songs too.

Because I'm so stinking impatient I decided to give them a little ... well actually big item I purchased. I wanted to take the opportunity to gift it to them before anyone else did. My IPs now have a glider and ottoman to cuddle their lil guy in. It means a lot to me to think of them rocking him comfortably in their arms in it for months if not years to come.

Before the night ended IM did get the chance to feel him mov'n around and a good kick. Wish he had been a bit more active but we have several more opportunities for that coming up soon. Now we are back to every other week visits ... so glad I'll be seeing A&T on a more regular basis again.

No comments: