Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, October 12, 2009

11 weeks

I'm an inch long and a fetus now! I've got fingernails and hair now too.

Well it is taking some time to adjust to the news we received Friday but doing well considering. Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts and prayers over the last few days. It's just hard when you've got yourself all psyched up and then something like this happens. Although I was looking forward to the experience since I've never carried twins and selfishly was enjoying the attention ... carrying a singleton doesn't effect the grand scheme of what I'm doing here and our one baby is still a miracle just the same. It's just taking a lil time to re adjust to thinking of this as a "regular" pregnancy.

I'm really excited about our next visit in three week, A&T are both going to be able to make it and I'm taking a personal day to spend some time with them. I'm hoping I can talk my OB into another u/s...originally she began to say we would have one next time but then corrected herself saying we should be able to hear the h/b by doppler. Maybe I can talk her into another peek so that they can see all is good with their thriving baby and to give them some reassurance. If she won't wiggle us on to the u/s schedule we'll have to wait till 20wks b/c IPs decided not to do the NT scan. I don't want the to have to wait that long so I'll see what I can do.

Hoping for nothing but good reports from here on out. Thanks again everyone.

No comments: