Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Disappointing Update (but smiling)

I'll get right to the point. Today's u/s at 10 weeks 4 days showed that Baby A stopped developing at 8 weeks (2.5 wks ago). There is no reason or explanation why.... just one of those things. The other baby looks beautiful, so right now although this is sad news for us we can't help but just be thankful. Baby (B) was active, lil arms moving and legs kicking. S/he has a strong and steady heartbeat of 170bpm and was measuring 10w5d. Please say a prayer that all remains well with A&T's sweet lil one.

I can't really speak for my IPs right now but although the news is disappointing it is not devastating. We are still expecting a miracle next spring and couldn't ask for more. The doctor explained that since this has been going on for over two weeks now I likely won't have any bleeding, the embryo that didn't continue developing will be reabsorbed and will not pose risk to the remaining fetus.

The next visit will be in three weeks unless IPs decided to do the NT scan, then we will be seen sooner.

Thanks in advance for your prayers and thoughts.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Very sorry to read of the loss.. ((hugs)) to you and your IPs and hoping that all goes well from hear on out and a healthy baby is delivered in the spring!