Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Monday, October 19, 2009

12 weeks

Today marks the end of the first trimester...wow that went by fast. I am welcoming the second trimester and all that comes with it. I have been feeling really good, energy is up and my appetite is back. A lil baby bump has begun which right now is a good sign that baby is growing. I am really looking forward to feeling movement, hopefully in the next couple weeks. This has always been the confirmation to me that everything is ok and I can't wait for that reassurance on a daily basis.

I think the mood right now with all of us is cautiousness. IM shared with me her feelings about the loss of the one twin, she is upset with herself for getting too excited about what could have been and leaving herself vulnerable and open to disappointment. I am hoping that our next OB visit will bring a fresh view of things and we can all feel renewed after seeing this lil one on u/s again thriving and growing as s/he should. Until then we just pray and have faith that all is well.

No comments: