Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Celebration of Motherhood

Yesterday evening I enjoyed the company of some wonderful ladies as we "celebrated motherhood".  This is a little tradition between my surro friends and I that we enjoy.  Basically it's a casual "baby shower" for the surrogate and her IM.  The recognition is so very appreciated and I love how we can celebrate this amazing journey and I get to share my wonderful IM with my friends and family.  The group included my own mom, my sister, my dear sister-in-law Sara, my BFF and surro-sister Daisy and of course K and myself.  We missed the few of you that weren't able to join us.

We had fun eating, chatting and K and I were both appreciative of the gifts we received.  The boys now have a few new books to add to their library and I got some wonderful pampering items and a Pandora charm for my bracelet to remember this journey - it's actually called the "Journey" bead.  Thank you everyone for your thoughtfulness!  My surro-sister Daisy created a collage of pics for me that included images from not only my journey but pictures of my family and pics of my closest surro-friends and their journeys as well.  I love it.  I've included it here and I'm working on adding photos from our evening to the Surrogacy Album.

Now that we are 35 weeks I'm going to begin journaling everyday but, won't post each days "events" until the weeks end OR until we have other news to share, as in, a birth story - whichever comes first.  Tuesday I have an appointment with the OB and then Friday we have what will be our very last MFM appointment and growth ultrasound.  I'm anxious to hear the predicted weights of these lil guys.  I'll bring you up to speed on the details of these appointments and any other happenings later in the week. :)  I've also asked K to chime in  with some of her thoughts as she awaits the arrival of her two lil bundles - TO BE CONTINUED!

Collage from surro-sister Daisy - Love This!