Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 34

Not much going on this week and I mean that ... not much sleep, not much work, not much of anything. LOL  Let's just say I've hit my wall and it became very obvious to me this past week that I am not Superwoman and not even she could keep up the pace of my everyday while baking two babies.  I've called in reinforcements and am getting the hang of this delegating thing.

I saw the OB on Tuesday and all looks great with the boys.  Baby B in his usual nature was super active during the NST and Baby A was calm and cooperative.  I was contracting as I have been but in comparison to the labor I've experienced in the past it's very different and not real or causing cervical change.  I discussed a "no work order" with Dr.K and she was very supportive of this decision, actually she was surprised I hadn't stopped working sooner.  So, as of Monday I'm officially off work until released postpartum.  This is a huge relief to me.  I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a couple weeks of downtime and I can enjoy the final bit of this pregnancy, especially knowing this could be the very last time.

Just for fun, I've got a lil comparison photo for you.  This is a 29w4d belly pic vs. today at 34w4d ... a difference of 5 weeks.  Coincidentally we also have 5 weeks until our due date - I can't even imagine how big I'd be if we weren't to deliver until then!!

29w4d vs. 34w4d

3 comments:

Venus of the Kitchen said...

Seriously, one of the loveliest baby bellies I've ever seen! :)

Carly said...

Love your blog and posts! Thanks for sharing your surrogacy journey! Your look great,happy to hear their still baking at 34w4days!
Take care!
Carly

Michael said...

Glad things are slowing down in your life so you're able to prepare for the babies. Can't wait to "meet" them in a couple weeks.