Translate

About Me

My photo
Caledonia, Northern Illinois, United States
I am a Thirty-Something mother of four beautiful girls. My love for them, and the joy I've experienced during this crazy ride called motherhood, has inspired me to help make the dream of a family become a reality for couples through gestational surrogacy. I've proudly helped A&T, as their lives were forever changed when they welcomed a son in April 2010 and K&S were blessed as parents in Sept 2012 when we welcomed their twin boys. I completed my final surrogacy journey Nov 2015 when I helped a wonderful local couple J&W and Big Brother add their family with the birth of twin boys. I am so very fortunate to have wonderful relationships with each one of my surro-families and continue to share in their lives.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ya know what?

It's September and we're gonna have ourselves some babies this month!!  Squeal!!!  Everyone is nervous, anxious, excited ... OMG can't believe we are here!  Although our official due date isn't till mid October it's my OB practices protocol to not go beyond 38 weeks with twins  (Sept 28th) so, if come the the last week of September we haven't had these lil guys yet a plan will be made to deliver before the months end.

Today marks 34 weeks which is a big milestone for a twin pregnancy.  If labor were to begin and there was progression (cervical change) they wouldn't try to stop it at this point.  Our goal is still to make it to 36+ weeks to give the boys the best chance at having fully developed lungs and bypassing the NICU but, statistically the average gestation for twins is a bit sooner than that - 35 weeks.  That's next week!!!

My hospital bag is packed; pre-birth order - check, birth plan - check, gownies - check, tolietries including my own TP (have you ever tried to use hospital toilet paper after a vaginal delivery?!?!)  - check.  Then there is the list of last minute items to grab too like the laptop and camera of course.  Speaking of taking pics, did I mention yet that as part of my baby shower gift to K&S I booked a photographer to document these lil guys arrival?!?  We are so excited and can't wait to capture their "birth story".

6 comments:

meliss said...

I love that you hired a photographer! Best wishes to all of you! What an exciting time for all!

Anonymous said...

can't believe it's almost time for these boys to make their big debut! wishing you all good labor vibes and can't wait to pics.!!!

Jennifer said...

I stil watch the photo montage of Emma's birth, and get tears every time :-). You will cherish it as much as K&S will - I promise!!!!! I so wish my last FIP's would have allowed me to do that. I haven't seen a single pic of Alexandra's birth :-(

Alison said...

How exciting! This month!?!? I can't believe it's here already. How fun to have a photographer there to capture the birth- no one has to worry about getting the perfect shot while emotions are running wild...it's perfect! I can't wait to hear about it all!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and your IPs. This has been such a great story to follow and I can't wait for a great conclusion. Although hopefully we'll still get some updates after the birth.

Jesse said...

I can't believe how fast this has gone!! So excited for you to give birth THIS MONTH! Yay!!!